Are you a passionate bookworm, skilled in the art of organization and information management, and looking for an exciting career opportunity? If you’re a resident of Maharashtra, we have fantastic news for you. The High Court of Judicature at Bombay, Nagpur Bench, Nagpur, is inviting applications for the position of ‘Assistant Librarian,’ and this might be your chance to dive into the world of legal literature and knowledge. In this article, we’ll walk you through the essential details of this job opportunity, including eligibility criteria and application procedures, so you can take the first step towards securing this coveted position.
Before you jump into the application process, it’s crucial to ensure that you meet the necessary eligibility requirements. Let’s break down the eligibility criteria:
- For General (Open) Candidates: Between 25 and 38 years.
- For Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, or Special Backward Classes specified by the Government of Maharashtra: Between 25 and 43 years.
- For High Court/Government Employees applying through the proper channel: Minimum age of 25 years with no upper age limit.
To be eligible for the position of Assistant Librarian, you must meet the following educational qualifications:
(i) A University Degree and either:
(a) A Certificate in Library and Information Science from any institution recognized by the Government. OR (b) A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Library Clerk or in an equivalent or higher position in any Government, University, College, School, or Public Library.
(ii) Proficiency in operating Word Processor in Windows and Linux, in addition to M.S. Office, M.S. Word, Wordstar7, and Open Office Org. This proficiency should be obtained from one of the following recognized Institutes:
- Universities established under the Maharashtra Universities Act, 1994.
- Goa/Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education.
- NIC (National Informatics Centre).
- DOEACC (Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Courses).
- NIIT (National Institute of Information Technology).
- C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing).
- MS-CIT (Maharashtra State Certificate in Information Technology).
- Any other qualification regarding computer knowledge specified in Government Resolutions dated 04/02/2013, 08/01/2018, and 16/07/2018 issued by the Information Technology (GAD) Department of the Government of Maharashtra.
Shortlisting of Candidates
The High Court reserves the right to choose the most suitable candidates through a selection process. The shortlisting of candidates may involve various methods at different stages of recruitment, and the High Court’s decision regarding this will be final and binding. The list of shortlisted candidates will be made available on the official website of the Bombay High Court.
It’s important to note that meeting the eligibility criteria or having your application accepted does not guarantee an invitation to the selection test.
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria and are enthusiastic about the opportunity to become an Assistant Librarian, follow these steps to apply:
- Prepare your application and enclose it in a sealed cover clearly marked with “Application for the post of Assistant Librarian.”
- Address the sealed cover to:The Registrar (Administration), High Court of Bombay, Nagpur Bench, Civil Lines, Nagpur – 400 001.
- Ensure that your application reaches the office by 5 p.m. on or before 22/11/2023. You can send your application via Speed Post or Registered Post only.
For more detailed information, including the official notification and application form, please refer to the Assistant Librarian PDF on the official website.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to become an Assistant Librarian at the Bombay High Court. It’s a chance to be part of an esteemed institution and contribute to the preservation and dissemination of legal knowledge. Best of luck with your application!